Welcome to Back-to-Front Maths!
New to the site? Check out these free areas:
- FREE STUFF
- Australian Curriculum
- Daily Teaching Help
- Workshops notes
- Problem of the Week Archive
- Facebook page: Maths Matters
The lessons bank, assessment, planning tools and investigations pages are all accessible to paid subscribers.
To purchase resources go to our online store at the “Buy Resources” tab (top right corner) or download our order form.
New Releases and Updates:
Our Latest Free Video is Online Now: Top 5 Diagnostic Tasks in Early Primary (6 mins)
Where should early primary teachers start looking for misconceptions?
Misconceptions in number can easily remain hidden. This video covers five quick diagnostic tasks to help you identify the most common and most problematic misconceptions in this age group. Try them in your class…you may be surprised by the number of students who show these misconceptions despite being able to rote count along with everyone else.
Did you know we have a new section for free online videos?
Brand new Frequently Asked Questions section is now here – check it out to see if it answers your questions too.
- DVDs showing eight Back-to-Front Maths lessons, with sections on how to diagnose, confront and fix misconceptions are now available! Read about the DVDs here. Or click here to download your DVD order form.
- Are you a newly trained Facilitator? Here is your starting point!
- Work program for one and two teacher schools now available! How to implement the Australian curriculum week-by-week for one and two teacher schools. Click here to read more.
- Free! Australian Curriculum preparation pack to download:
Click here and Free: NAPLAN preparation pack - Click here
- Testimonials - what your colleagues think of our resources and professional development
How many ways are there to make $1 using coins?
For a worked solution, click on this link.