*Limited to 45 places (4 attendees per school)
This project improves primary mathematics results for all learners, and is suitable for both primary and junior secondary teachers.
As best results are obtained when schools send a small team of teachers, supported by a leader, additional resourcing and support is provided for these schools*.
- 6 days of live training, spread throughout 2023
- Term 1 – 01 + 02 March 2023
- Term 2 – 12 + 13 June 2023
- Term 4 – 13 + 14 November 2023
- live demo lessons and an opportunity to try out the approaches demonstrated in classrooms at the hosting school
- direct answering of all teacher questions, including with relevant research summaries and resources
- modules on aspects of mathematics, effective teaching and assessment
- opportunity to develop a numeracy agreement for your school.
- After-school live webinar sessions twice per term, plus 12-months of access to the recordings.
2 live webinars each term for access by all project teachers provide short and sharp workshops on important aspects of mathematics teaching. Participating in these sessions live also provides an opportunity for teachers to ask Tierney questions and receive additional support. Each webinar is recorded, with access to the recordings provided for all of 2023.
Other Project Inclusions:
All individual attendees receive:
- Project manual
- 3 x Interventions Books
- Primary teachers – a set of game cards, perfect for rotation groups and developing fluency
- Secondary teachers: Interleaved Maths Essential Connections Yr 11 or 12 (student book + teacher reference)
- Individual website access for 12 months*
- Individual access to live webinar sessions, plus ongoing access to the recordings*
- Access to Stage Testing and tracking (exclusive to Project Schools)
- Exclusive access to the new Back-to-Front Maths and Assessment materials for AC9 as they are written, before they are released to the public
All schools also receive:
- Mentoring support for all attending leaders
- A project report which includes data on student progress in key number concepts across the whole project, information on what we did and summary statistics to use in your school annual reports.
- Optional Extra: Each school has different needs. If you purchase a School Data Analysis Report, Tierney will provide detailed analysis of your school’s NAPLAN and PATM data (including checking individual growth for every student), and create a set of 4-5 site-specific and practical recommendations for steps your school can take to make the most rapid improvements. Graphs and recommendations can be included in school annual reports and audits.
- Optional Extra: Schools sending 3 or 4 staff* will also receive whole-school website and webinar access so that attending teachers and leaders can support other teachers in their school.
*Send a team of 3-4 to receive online training and resources for your whole school.
In our previous projects, schools that sent a small team of teachers, supported by a leader, made the greatest improvement in results. The team were able to test out ideas and hone their skills prior to introducing the approach to other staff. To support schools making this choice, we are providing free whole-school webinar and whole-school website access, throughout 2023 for all schools that send 3 or 4 staff to the project.
Please note: attendee numbers are limited to 4 per school.
Download a flyer HERE
Scroll down to register