- This event has passed.
Fixing Misconceptions in Fractions one day course – 4th Sept Grange Primary SA
September 4, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm$150.00 – $462.00
Fractions are one of the most difficult concepts for students to understand in mathematics. By fixing misconceptions, we can catch kids up quickly and effectively. Download this flyer: Fractions course Grange September 17
Who is this course for?
- Teachers from grades 4-9
- School leaders and leading learners
- Support teachers for students with difficulties
What concepts will this course cover?
- Fractions concepts from basic understanding of halves and quarters through to multiplying and dividing fractions with unrelated denominators
- Fractions as numbers rather than just pizzas
- The relationship between fractions, decimal numbers and percentages
- Watch a live lesson demonstration, including diagnosing and confronting underlying misconceptions in a grade 6/7 class
- Learn to prioritise key components of Proportional Reasoning and Multiplicative thinking that must be understood deeply during primary school for students to be successful in high school
- Learn how to use questioning to create cognitive conflict and fix misconceptions for good
- Receive a manual valued at $50 to take back and use with their own class.
Numbers are strictly limited to 30 – because that is what fits in a classroom
To register, scroll to the bottom of the page
Additional Options. Purchase a ticket with one (or both!) of the following options:
- “Complete the Set” – Add the additional 4 books in the Interventions series for $150 + postage (valued at $200)
- “Web Subscription” – Add a 12-month Individual Website Subscription to the Back-to-Front Maths site for $150 (valued at $249.95)