Unavailable as this title is now out of print
Both as a stand-alone reference, and as part of the Assessment and Moderation Workshops, this book draws together advice and experience from all Australian States as well as international bodies to provide simple and clear assessment guidelines that enable primary teachers to make valid and consistent judgements on student achievement from Foundation to Year Seven.
Inside, you will find tools to:
- unpack the relationships between developmental sequencing, Content Descriptors, Proficiency Strands and Achievement Standards in the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics
- use the Achievement Standards and Proficiency Strands to assess on a five-point scale, and design task-specific indicators to meet the requirements
- audit existing assessment items to determine whether they meet the Standards
- design high-quality assessment items for demonstrating A-E Standards
- calibrate and moderate assessment within and across sites, including providing samples of student work, moderation tasks, indicators for each primary year level, and simple flow charts for making judgements.
- You will even find appropriate comments for reporting to parents!