SA: Student Support Officer Intervention Support Training hosted by TBA on 16-17 May 2022
May 16 @ 8:30 am - May 17 @ 4:00 pm$600.00
When students fall behind in mathematics, it can be difficult to know what to do. Knowing students, what they understand and what they need next, is essential for providing targeted and effective support. Working with small groups of students, we will identify their learning needs and demonstrate questioning techniques that help them to abandon misconceptions and understand new concepts.
Our new Student Support Officer Intervention Support Training provides participants the opportunity to observe small group lessons, and practise techniques that provide effective support and enduring learning for students at their point of need.
Limited to 15 places this two-day certification training course is ideal for:
- Teacher aides (SSOs) who support students in mathematics
- Learning support teachers, or those responsible for intervention programs*certification is valid for 3 years
During training, participants will:
- Observe small group lessons focused on diagnosing and/or fixing misconceptions
- Practise using the diagnostic tools and identifying student learning needs
- Use the resources provided to plan and practise intervention lessons with small groups of students
All attendees receive:
- 5 x Interventions training manuals, complete with diagnostic testing and lessons to target misconceptions, and multiple games for developing fluency in number (valued at $249.75)
- A set of 5 card games ideal for rotation groups
- Our new stage testing and tracking materials for number concepts
- Morning tea, lunch and tea and coffee.
To register, scroll to the bottom of the page
*In the event of border restrictions, this course will run in a live online format*