Should COVID restrictions prevent the course going ahead live, participants will have the option to:
- join the course online on 22 July 21 instead, or
- attend the course live once restrictions ease (date / location TBA)
Why do kids keep forgetting fractions?
Misconceptions block their learning
This course demonstrates:
- How to use conceptual change approaches to find and fix persistent misconceptions in fractions
- How to use simple diagnostic tasks to find where your students are stuck
- Copy of Fixing Misconceptions in Fractions (RRP $60), complete with diagnostic tasks and lesson plans
- Live demonstration lesson with students, followed by an analysis of their work
- Sessions include: common misconceptions, developmental sequencing, diagnostic tasks and questioning for conceptual change, as well as how to teach difficult concepts such as operations, equivalence, conversion and relative size so they stick
Download a flyer here: Fixing-Fractions-Flyer-NHPS
Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell – contact us on 07 3040 1177 to make alternative arrangements. Ticket cost includes catering.